Image courtesy of GM Photography
Image courtesy of Stuart Leal
Image courtesy of Stuart Leal
Image courtesy of Xsight Photography & Video
The bride's arrival is always keenly anticipated, with guests curious to see what she is wearing and how she looks. So make an impressive entrance by using transport that makes an impact.
Hire cars are the most popular mode of wedding transport. Besides the benefits of luxury, style and appearance, there are also some very practical reasons for using the services of a reputable car hire firm. What you can expect:
What Style of Car?
- Immaculate presentation both inside and out
- A chauffeur
- Often you will be offered red carpet on arrival, champagne and finger food.
- Wedding cars tend to be unusually spacious
- A space to have some quiet time to relax, reflect and unwind.
From a beautiful Rolls Royce to an oh-so-cool Cadillac, a myriad of gorgeous hire cars is available. Do your research thoroughly and you're bound to find the perfect mode of transport to suit your unique style.
Popular cars that will make you feel like a superstar on your big day:
The best way to make your choice is to see as many cars as possible until you just know it's the right one.
Vintage cars are perfect for a sentimental wedding and will provide a stunning backdrop for your photos. Allow yourself plenty of time to enjoy the journey, smile at onlookers and perhaps even give a royal wave!
- Rolls Royce
Contemporary and Fun Cars
If you're looking for transport that's a little bit different, you won't be disappointed. Try looking at:
Choosing a Hire Car Company
- A sleek Porsche
- Cute English Humber Vogues
- Black London Taxi cabs
- Dinky little Fiat Bambinos for your flower girls and page boys
- Increase the 'wow' factor with a Harley Davidson escort
Check out our gallery and find a car model you want then start calling hire car companies.
Go and see your car and consider how well it is maintained. Usually an immaculately presented car will also be mechanically sound. For some handy hints on hiring cars read our article Hiring your wedding car.
Alternatives to Hire Cars
Dare to be different! Arrive by:
If you're hiring a large boat, you could treat your guests to a boat ride to get to the reception. Ask the captain to play music or hire musicians for the journey.
- Hot air balloon
- Amphibious plane
- Boat - water taxis, speed boats, Rivercats, sailing boats and cruisers.
Who Needs Special Transport?
To the ceremony:
To the reception:
- Car 1: The bride's transport is the first priority. She usually travels with her father.
- Car 2: The bride's mother and bridesmaids.
- Car 3: The groom and best man will arrive about 20 minutes before it is due to start.
- Car 1: The newly weds
- Car 2: Bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Newly wed's parents
It's a fun idea to arrange a getaway car to take the two of you from the reception to your first night hotel.
Booking Your Transport
- Best man needs to make sure no damage is done if the car is to be decorated
- Avoid using your own car because many guests will recognise it and perhaps be tempted to give you a send off that will leave a lasting impression on your car!
- Groom can book a hire car from the same company that you use for the rest of your wedding transport.
- Your first night hotel may arrange for a hire car to collect you.
- Book at least six months prior to your wedding date
- Get all details in writing to avoid confusion
- Complete a company form that outlines times, pick up and drop off destinations and addresses
- Confirm all details a week before the wedding
- Book your vehicle by registration number.